Position: Personal Support Worker
Program: Specialized Housing
Site: Specialized Housing Homes
Reporting to the manager of the Specialized Housing Program, Personal Support Workers provide hands on assistance
to clients of the Specialized Housing Program. Personal Support Workers will be responsible for providing care
focusing on the client’s activities of daily living.
Education and training:
- Proof of successful completion of a Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate from a recognized Ontario PSW program or 3 to 5 years’ experience providing personal support in the daily living of residential clients.
- A negative Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid class G driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Daily access to a reliable vehicle.
- Current CPR certificate- level C.
- Current Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) training or willingness to obtain.
- Current Safe Food Handling course or willingness to obtain.
- Must be able to perform the physical willingness of the job; lifting, carrying, positioning, transferring, holding, bending.
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate plus 1 year of experience or 3-5 years of experience without a PSW certificate.
- Recent experience working with vulnerable populations, specifically adults living with a serious and persistent mental illness and/or ABI and complex healthcare needs.
- Basic working knowledge of computer software.
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proficiency in managing challenging behaviours.
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as per PHIPA(Personal Health Information Protection Act)
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated positive work record and good attendance.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family-centered care.
- Willing to work flexible hours; days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
Candidates will be selected for the position on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in their resume. Preference will be given to those who have a PSW certificate.
Shift: Days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
French Language Services Required: Bilingualism is an asset.
Salary: $17.44 – $/hour
$ 31,756…………………..$35,866* based on full-time hours
Send resume and cover letter via email only by Friday September 15, 2017 at 4pm.
ATTN: Lindsay Comeau
Nipissing Mental Health Housing and Support Services
215-101 Worthington St. E. North Bay, On P1B 1G5
Thank you to all that applied.
Nipissing Mental Health Housing & Support Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.