Position: Case Manager
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Program: Support Programs
Reporting to the manager of the Support Programs, the Case Manager will provide hands on assistance to clients in obtaining and maintaining housing stability, assisting clients in skills development, symptom management and providing emotional support to clients. As well Case Managers provide advocacy and make appropriate referrals to community agencies.
Education and training:
Proof of successful completion of a post-secondary education in Social Services or Nursing and proof of registration with the College of Nurses (if applicable).
- A negative Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid class G driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Daily access to a reliable vehicle.
- Current CPR certificate- level A or willingness to obtain
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) training or willingness to obtain
- Current Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System certification or willingness to obtain
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ of experience working with vulnerable populations, specifically adults living with a serious and persistent mental illness and/or Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and complex healthcare needs providing assessments and rehabilitation services.
- Experience working in a community setting and working knowledge of community resources.
- Basic working knowledge of computer software.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proficiency in managing challenging behaviours.
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as per PHIPA(Personal Health Information Protection Act)
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Residential Tenancy Act and the Health Care Consent Act.
- Knowledge/experience using the principles and practices of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated positive work record and good attendance.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family-centered care.
- Willing to work flexible hours; days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
Candidates will be selected for the position on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in their resume.
Days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
French Language Services:
Bilingualism is required.
$22.50 – $27.41/hour
$ 40,952…………………..$49,898 * based on full-time hours
Send resume and cover letter via email ONLY to email@example.com by Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 3 p.m.
ATTN: Jodi Steeves – Human Resources Manager
Nipissing Mental Health Housing & Support Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you to all that applied.