Position: Registered Practical Nurse
Program: Specialized Housing
Site: Specialized Housing
Reporting to the manager of the Specialized Housing Program, Registered Practical Nurses provides nursing care to clients in the agency’s Specialized Housing program.
Education and training:
Proof of successful completion of a Registered Practical Nursing diploma from a recognized Ontario RPN program and proof of registration with the College of Nurses.
- A negative Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid class G driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Daily access to a reliable vehicle.
- Current CPR certificate- level C.
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) training or willingness to obtain.
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job; lifting, carrying, positioning, transferring, holding, bending.
- Current Safe Food Handling course or willingness to obtain.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ of experience providing nursing care to individuals living in the community.
- Recent experience working with vulnerable populations, specifically adults living with a serious and persistent mental illness and/or Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and complex healthcare needs.
- Experience working in a community setting and working knowledge of community resources.
- Basic working knowledge of computer software.
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proficiency in managing challenging behaviours.
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as per PHIPA(Personal Health Information Protection Act)
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, and Health Care Consent Act
- Knowledge/experience using the principles and practices of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrated positive work record and good attendance.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family-centered care
- Willing to work flexible hours; days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
Candidates will be selected for the position on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in their resume.
Days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
French Language Services:
Bilingualism is an asset. If no bilingual candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications, unilingual candidates will be considered.
Send resume and cover letter via email ONLY
Nipissing Mental Health Housing and Support Services
215-101 Worthington St. E. North Bay, On P1B 1G5
Nipissing Mental Health Housing & Support Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you to all that applied.